What Is The Brief Summary Regarding Acular Eye Drops?
Acular Eye Drops are useful in preventing itchy eyes because of allergic reaction. It also subsides swelling and redness that precipitates after cataract surgery. This medicine is classified under the category of medicines non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. It blocks the production of substances that result in allergic symptoms and inflammation.
What Is The Mechanism Of Activity Of Acular Eye Drops?
The basic functioning of those eye drops is that it functions as analgesics, antipyretics, and has anti-inflammatory action. This acts by ceasing prostaglandin synthesis by the prohibition of enzyme COX. It functions as non-selective COX prohibitor.
What Is The Dosing Scheme Of Acular Eye Drops?
- The dose for corneal refractive surgery put 0.4% single drop in affected eye four times per day as required for pain and burning sensations for 4 days and followed with corneal refractive surgery.
- To subside post operative ocular inflammation, put 0.45% single drop in your affected eye two times within a day, one day before cataract surgery and for first two weeks time of post operative surgical procedure.
- To subside seasonal allergic conjunctivitis, put 0.5% single drop in your affected eye, four times per day.
- You are advised to tilt your head back and then put a single eye drop in your affected eyes. Close your eyes for some time so that drug does not get drained outwards. Keep pressing the inner corner of your eyes so that drug does not pass through the tear duct. Wipe off extra solution with tissue paper.
What Are The Contradictory Points You Have To Follow With Acular Eye Drops?
- Do never instill if you have any possible allergies with those eye drops.
- Do not use when you have undergone surgery.
What Are Precautionary Measures You Have To Follow Always?
- Do not wear contact lenses before using those eye drops.
- Never touch the dropper tip as well as applicator tip as there might happen possible contamination.
- You must wash your hands before and after using those eye drops.
- Take advice from a doctor before using in pregnancy or breastfeeding mother.
What Are Possible Harmful Effects You Observe With Acular Eye Drops?
Some common ill effects that can arise from using those eye drops are as blurred eye vision, burning, stinging, eye irritation, and headache.
Where To Store Acular Eye Drops?
Do always store those eye drops at a place that is cool, dry, and moisture free. Place it away from small children reach.