Brief Description Of Klonopin 2mg Tablets
Klonopin 2mg Tablet is a medicine that is used for the prevention and control of seizures. It is an antiepileptic drug, which is also used in the treatment of panic attacks. It contains Clonazepam as its parent element works by affecting the chemicals in brains, which may be unbalanced in an epilepsy patient.
Mechanism Of Action Of Klonopin 2mg Tablets
Generic Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine. The interactions between benzodiazepines receptors and GABA potentiate the effects of neurotransmitter GABA. Thus the calming effects, sedation, sleep and anti-convulsing effects are produced, which helps to get relief from epilepsy.
Dosing regimen of Klonopin 2mg Tablets
- Adult dose for the treatment of seizures: The dose of 1.5 mg Klonopin can be taken orally in a day in three divided doses. It can be increased by 0.5 mg to 1 mg in every 3 days until your seizures are controlled. Its maximum dose is 20 mg in a day.
- Adult dose for panic attacks: You can start using Klonopin with the initial dose of 0.25 mg orally twice in a day. Its maximum dose is 4 mg to be taken orally in a day.
An overdose of Klonopin can cause confusion, coma, drowsiness and muscle pain. Misuse of Klonopin can cause addiction, overdose and ultimately death.
Side Effects Of Klonopin 2mg Tablets
Users of Klonopin 2mg may face some side effects while using this medicine such as body pain, cough, chills, breathing difficulty, dizziness, headache, irritation, lack of appetite, runny nose, loss of coordination, tiredness and sleeping troubles. These side effects are last for few moments, so do not bother about them.
Contraindications Of Klonopin 2mg Tablets
- People suffering from liver disease or narrow-angle glaucoma should not use these tablets.
- People allergic to Clonazepam should not use these tablets.
- These tablets should not be used in gestation and lactation period.
- It should not be used in people below the age of 18 years.
Possible Drug Interactions Of Klonopin 2mg Tablets
Users of Klonopin 2mg should not use these following drugs, as these drugs show drug interaction with generic Clonazepam:
- Opioid pain or cough relievers: Codeine, Hydrocodone
- Anti-anxiety: Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Zolpidem
- Muscle relaxants: Carisoprodol, Cyclobenzaprine
- Antihistamines: Cetirizine, Diphenhydramine
Precautions Of Klonopin 2mg Tablets
- Drinking alcohol with these tablets can cause serious side effects.
- Keep this medication in a safe place as it is habit forming drug. You should not share this medicine with anyone.
- Tell your doctor if you suffer from asthma, kidney or liver disorders or having a history of suicidal thoughts, alcohol or drug addiction.
- Sedative effects of Clonazepam remain for a longer time so you must take care as this can cause accidental falls.
- You must avoid driving and other risky tasks after using these tablets as they cause dizziness that may cause accidents.